Sundt Construction is growing and looking for a Senior Project Mnaager for an exciting project in beautiful Santa Barbara. Sundt Construction is a 128 year old company and 100% employee owned. We offer better than average compensation and benefits. Sundt is looking for someone that wants a career with opporunity for advancement. This is not a project based job.
A Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management to assigned projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner. Manages the work in a manner consistent with standards of quality and integrity. Participates as requested in the marketing, estimating, bidding, and contract negotiation phases of the projects assigned. Primary function is to serve as champion for the execution of the work - preconstruction (when assigned) and construction
1. Has overall responsibility for project success, including profitability, safety, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction as well as responsibility for personnel decisions that impact the project. Plans, acquires, reviews, develops and manages the project team to ensure relentless execution of the project.
2. Establishes the project charter and a comprehensive project management plan (PMP) including the project scope management plan, procurement plan, environmental plan, time management plan, financial plan, quality management and safety plans and risk management plan to ensure successful project execution. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the change management process.
3. Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, presentations, and negotiations for selected projects.
4. Responsible for understanding and administering prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance,
etc. Oversees and ensures all the processes involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility.
5. Participates in preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
6. Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field. This transition shall include project review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
7. Coordinates with the Project Superintendent the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work. Reviews and monitors manpower, equipment, and material resources to accomplish this goal. Job Title: Project Manager I, II Reports To: Sr. Project Manager Job Code: OM500 Level: 2 FLSA: Exempt
8. Manages the development of the overall CPM schedule and assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the procurement schedule with the Project Engineer. Ensures that as many levels of detailed schedules are prepared and distributed as required to support the project schedule. Pays special attention to prevention and documentation of delays or changes. Ensures that the Lean process is effectively utilized for all scheduling activities.
9. Responsible for the preparation of Monthly Progress Report including accurate cost projections.
10. Reviews, negotiates, and executes all change orders, supplements, and cost control budget adjustments.
11. Manages all billings to ensure timely submission of payment applications and collection of payments from the owner in order to maintain a positive cash flow position. Manages the overall payment process and follows all prompt pay laws with the subcontractors.
12. Responsible for the timely preparation and execution of purchase order agreements and subcontracts with respect to insurance certificates, bonds, and the appropriate lien waivers.
13. Completes close-out requirements and punch lists in a timely manner. Manages warranty callbacks quickly to maintain owner/client relationships.
14. Prevents claims, identify potential claims, quantify, mitigate/resolve the effects of those that do occur on a timely basis.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
2. Experience in preconstruction and in managing construction projects.
3. Thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
4. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company